Friday, 10 June 2011

My name is Jos & I am adicted to Oreo's! Welcome to Fabulous Friday!!

Hi my name is Jos & I am addicted to Oreo's! I think that I may have just created the yummiest desert EVER!!! With a little inspiration from a certain friend (who shall remain nameless, Hayles!), I wanted to make something with Oreo's & ice cream & this is what I came up with!! It really was easy, yep food processor again, & is very yummy! Miss G & I have died & gone to heaven as we have just had our first one & definitely not our last! Mr P even put his big rig freezer on a colder setting so he could take some with him! OK, OK, OK, I can hear you all now saying, "Hurry up!!!" so I will!!  Here goes.................

Oreo Ice Cream Heaven (couldn't think of anything else to call it!!)
BASE
2 x 150g boxes of Oreo biscuits
100g of melted butter

FILLING
1 x 150g box of Oreo's
1L of vanilla ice cream

Whipped cream & icing sugar to serve


In a food processor bowl. process 2 x 150g packets of Oreo's until they are completely crushed.
Drizzle in the melted butter through the chute while the motor is running.
It should end up looking like an Oreo mud.

Press spoonfuls into the bottoms of a silicon muffin tray. Save a little to sprinkle on top of the finished product.

In the food processor, put the other box of Oreo's & the 1L of vanilla ice cream.
Process until the Oreo's have dissolved into the ice cream.

Spoon on top of the biscuit base. Fill to the top of the muffin holes & smooth over.
Sprinkle the leftover's from the base on top.
Cover tightly with alfoil & place in the freezer for 1 hour or until hard.

Pop them out from the silicon muffin tray & presto!!! Oreo Ice Cream Heaven!!! Let them sit for just a few minutes then  serve with whipped cream & a dusting of icing sugar!!


Well today is Fabulous Friday so Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! We are totally addicted to oreo's and this looks SO GOOD! We would love for you to share this at our weekly link party this Saturday. We have an awesome jewelry giveaway going on right now, too! Come stop by!

    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/08/paparazzi-giveaway-and-at-home-job.html

    Love,
    The Sisters @ www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a couple of other oreo recipes on this blog too! Check on the right hand side of the page & in the "labels" you will find "oreos". Enjoy!!

    I will drop by your page & link up too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love oreos! This looks so good! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read each and everyone of your comments. I may not get to respond to them all but just know that I appreciate them and I DO read them all. xx