Friday, 13 April 2012

Chocolate and lemonade cake, yes you heard right!

When I first found this recipe, I could not see how it would work. I mean, does chocolate & lemonade really go?
Well, I am here to say, YES IT DOES!!


Copy of untitled



This is based on an old Tupperware recipe, {a long time ago, I was a Tupperware Lady!} & it is very quick & easy. Did I mention that I made it in the microwave? Well, I did! From start to finish, you will have a cake in around 15 minutes. It also has only a few ingredients.

  • 1 packet of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 packet chocolate instant pudding mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup lemonade
I just used a “no name brand” of chocolate cake mix & a Packet of chocolate pudding that was on special.

005

Place all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl & mix together with a whisk.
Add the rest of the ingredients & stir with a spatula or wooden soon until all combined.

006

Pour the mixture into a microwave safe cake pan. I used a silicon
cake pan from Tupperware {to go with the Tupperware recipe of course!}
Make sure to give it a good spray with oil so that the cake does not stick & comes out easily.

007


Place on top of an upside down microwave safe dinner plate in the microwave & cook on high for between 7-9 minutes (microwave times may vary)

008


009


Let sit in the pan on a cake cooling rack until completely cool then turn out onto a plate.

026

Ice with icing & serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

056

This cake is light from the lemonade but very chocolaty (yes, it is a word, spell check even said so!) & it is so quick to make. It does not taste like a microwave cake. It is perfect!

This is going to be going to the front of the recipe cards! I wish I had of made it years ago when I first found this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. I have that red form too. I must use it more. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe idea! I will have to try it out! Yum!

    PS - I was a Tupperware lady once upon a time {so was CraftyMummy actually ;0)} I was appallingly bad....Spent my earnings before I did the parties!

    ReplyDelete

I read each and everyone of your comments. I may not get to respond to them all but just know that I appreciate them and I DO read them all. xx